Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

It Is Finished!

The Christmas Shopping IS Finished!!!!  Now, I have some wrapping to do!  I picked up the last of the things I needed for the kids at Big Lots and got to use a coupon worth $15 on a purchase of $50!  I'll take it!  :D  Thanks, Big Lots!


This experiment was supper tonight.  First, I sauteed the green pepper and onion and chicken pieces in olive oil.  Then I added taco seasoning mix and water.  Then I rinsed a can of black beans and added those.  Last, I added a can of whole kernel corn and more liquid and just a bit of salsa.  We ate this over rice.  We added more salsa when we fixed our plates.  It really tasted more like chili!  :D  No problem!  We LOVE chili!  :D

Saw a cute mixed media Christmas decoration on line, so I have started one that is about 6 times as big as the one I saw!  Step 1 is done.....gluing down Christmas songs from an old hymnal I picked up at the thrift.  While it dries, I will figure out the paints and stencils to use for the next step.

Tomorrow, before thrifting, Tim has a follow-up appointment with the skin graft doctor at 8:00 a.m.  After that we will eat breakfast out and then begin the thrifting.  Since we are eating breakfast out, we will not eat lunch and then have an early supper.  We may or may not eat out for supper.

Nite!

No comments: