Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 22, 2016

All Work and No Play.......

makes Vicky very unhappy!  :D  I originally was going to let Tim do the thrifting alone today, however, I decided that would make me very unhappy!  So...........I went with him!  I'm so glad I did, even though I didn't get anything accomplished today that I needed to get done before the kids get here this weekend!  Oh well!  Life goes on!  :D


So we went and had a wonderful time, as usual.  Ate lunch at Pizza Hut, but I only ate a salad because I had eaten some granola and strawberry yogurt not long before we left the house and I didn't want to make myself sick and miserable the rest of the day!

Our deal of the day!  All for $3!
One of our regular Goodwills had a grab bag today!  They provided little bags that you could fill for $2.99.  This is what I got.  A few things for me, some for the grandkids and some for Elisabeth to use at school.  I had to stop because the items were getting too heavy and beginning to fall out the bottom of the bag!  :D Here's a list of the items:
9 packs of pencils (one for each grandkid)
5 packs of alpha stickers (for me)
Welcome Back to School jelly type window clings (for Liz)
4 packs of reward stickers (probably for Liz)
1 pack of Birthday Bookmarks (probably for Liz)
1 pack of adhesive-backed clear pockets (for me)
15 two oz bottles of Ceramacoat Acrylic paint jars (for the kids art drawer)
1 pack of lacing shapes (for Araya)
1 pack of little plastic Disney princesses (for Adalina)
Most everything had $1 price on it, except for the Welcome Back to School item and the paints.  I did a Google search on the paint and the prices range anywhere from $1.19 to almost $6 per bottle!  So, I'd say we got some major savings today!  :D

After I took care of the elderly neighbor lady this morning, I cleaned up the kitchen and ate breakfast til Tim was ready to leave to go thrifting at a little after 10.  We shopped our 2 regulars and then went to Pizza Hut for lunch before going to the large Goodwill in downtown Winston.  The last thing we did on the way home was to stop at Walmart (for the 3rd time this week) for a few items!  I'm surprised they don't ALL know us by name in that store!

When we got back home, I worked some more on the floors, mopping, etc.  Then I just forgot about doing any other work today since we were going out to dinner with some friends and then back to their house for dessert afterwards.  We ate at a restaurant called, "The Stratford Station" which is on Stratford Road over by the mall.  These friends live "behind" us on Follansbee Road.  I say they are friends, but up til tonight, they've really just been church acquaintances.  They go to a different church, but come to ours every once in a while.  It was a really great evening out with them and getting to know one another better.

I thought I was going to have to take care of the elderly lady again tonight, but the hospitalized neighbor got back home today and she sent me a text that they took care of the elderly lady, to which I was thankful!

And, that was my day!

No comments: