Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 19, 2016

Finished, for Now

Today was really cold!  My hands were frozen by the time I got the groceries bagged and into the trunk at Aldi.  Reminder to self.......NEXT time, bag them indoors BEFORE going to the car!  DUH!

After Aldi I went to Walmart.  EVERYONE was shopping today!  I'm sure they were loading up on food for family coming home for Christmas like I was!

Ingredients on the top for soup.  Ingredients on the bottom for baked spaghetti.

JUNK food!

A few 2 liters

OK, so I'm still not totally thrilled about how this turned out but I'm done with it for now.  I found a strand of miniature lights that I added to the tree.  Very cute!  I also added some word strips.  Words like, family, fun, thankful, snow, singing carols, hot chocolate, Jesus, the reason for the season, angels, wise men, Mary and Joseph, shepherds.  I like it being displayed on the easel, too!

I got the presents wrapped today!  YAY!!
I had fun making this gift envelope for Michael's check.  We will see how long it takes him to figure out how to get into it.  This is the front, pointing to the back.

This is the back with all of the arrows pointing in the direction of the flap at the top.
And here's the tree WITH the presents surrounding it.

THIS is the only way to eat peanut butter and chocolate fudge.......microwaved just long enough to melt it so you can stir the two together.  YUM!

Love this week's sign.  Tim helped me by doing one side while I did the other side.  Too cold to be out there longer than that!


And, with that being said, it's time for bed!  I've been on my feet ALL DAY LONG!  Time to rest them!  :D  NITE!

No comments: