Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Grand Time

We met Liz half way between here and there (her house) in Salisbury this afternoon to get Hannah, Ryan and Abby so they could spend the night.  We will have to return them less than 24 hours later so they can go to Winter Jam in Greensboro.  On the way home we went to KFC for supper.

Here's some bird pictures I got today and some of the activities with the kids.
 


I'm pretty sure this is a red headed woodpecker, but it bent forward to eat just as I snapped the picture, then it was gone.

Blue bird just watching and waiting.



Abby did some writing with the sidewalk chalk that Lori found at the house and gave to me for the grands.  Abby spelled the words, "two" and "no" and.......

.....Abby



Ryan and I went behind the church and fellowship hall to see if we could see any animals.  We spotted this Brown Thrasher underneath one of the trees in the very back of the property, just over in the neighbor's yard.

There is a very small pond in the back of the property.  Actually, it is on the neighbor's property.  This is where Bill and Hillary set up housekeeping each year.  There were 3 adult Canada Geese in the pond.

The daffodils at the church are slowly dying off.

Hannah writing a memory verse.

"A friend loveth at all times.  Proverbs 17:17" is what it says

She also wrote this one which says, "In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."


Hannah asked me if I wanted to do a photo shoot of her.  So she changed her clothes.  I wish I had taken them all with the trees as backdrops instead of shooting some up next to the church.

Abby wanted a piece of the action!




She is growing up waaay too fast!

Photo bombers!  :D













As the sun sets, time to go indoors.

How many people does it take to change a light bulb?

Game time!  Candy Land is first up.

The players

Too many hands reaching in.

So happy together.......

The winner's face!

Ryan learned how to make these origami tulips at school today, so he showed me how.

Papaw played with Abby while............

Ryan and I made more flowers.

He was trying to keep a straight face, but Papaw did something that made us laugh.

Abby's movie-time position.  She is usually asleep in 15 minutes, but she actually watched the whole movie tonight.

And with that, lights out!  Nite!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

It looks like a wonderful time!!

Hannah's hair looks so brown in these pictures. It must be the light. In my mind she is still our little blond girl.

Vicky said...

Nope! She's brown now!