Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Not Much Ado

Took the neighbor to the doctor this morning at 11 and I think we were back home by 1.  Then I ate some yogurt and granola for lunch and worked on the computer the rest of the day, basically.  Haven't felt great most of the day.  Stomach messed up and a dull headache and spending time in the bathroom.  Fortunately, no puking, even though I thought I might need to.  I am praying it is just a 24 hour something or another!

It was fairly warm today, even with being cloudy and windy

The blossoms are turning green.

Something happened at the neighbor's across the street tonight.  Lori was talking to me on the phone when she said she just heard several shots.  Tim said he heard them, too.  So the police are there.  Someone said it might have been a drive-by shooting.  That is scary being that close to the house!
Thank You, Lord, for Your protection!

No comments: