Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Nature Calls

Yes, nature called again today!  Lori, our neighbor, has feeders at her house.  She knows I'm on a bird watching kick, so she let me know there were LOTS of birds at the feeder this morning, which is right next to the little side porch at her house.  I was eating breakfast at the time, but told her I would be over soon.  Well, by the time I got there, they had apparently filled their bellies.  But, we grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to the porch.  We were not disappointed.  In a little while, a few of the birds came back.

After a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday, today was a bit on the chilly side, especially in the morning.  But, finally the sun showed up this afternoon and it was a bit better.  But when the sun began to go down, it got chilly again pretty quickly!

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE this bird feeder of Lori's! 

I was pleasantly surprised to see this cute little chickadee!

So pleased to capture this Tufted Titmouse!!!  They are QUICK!!!  I had to have the camera already focused, or I missed them!


See how cloudy it was this morning?

YEAH!!!  I finally got some Cardinal pictures!!  WHAT a GORGEOUS bird!


What a Masterful painter our God is!


The morning dove fluffing its feathers.

Of the 3 Tufted Titmouses (Titmice??) that were present, this one was the biggest.

Yes, I did some spying on the neighbor!  :D  Tim was walking back to the office after having eaten lunch.

This is what we believe to be squirrel nesting "stuff" in.........

......this tree.

And there goes a squirrel that came out of the tree above.


I found out this is Common Periwinkle (Running Myrtle, Greater Myrtle, Greater Periwinkle).  Very pretty!  

Not sure what that blooming tree is.

So, I told Lori when I left there after taking pictures, that I needed to go to Walmart for a few things.  Knowing her car is still at the shop, I asked her if she needed to go, too.  So she did and we went to her bank and the drug store before going to Walmart.  We NEVER leave Walmart with JUST a few things!!
Some more of those trees like the one in Lori's yard (this is the CVS parking lot).



How many of you remember this little ditty........
"When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along, along......."
Well, that is the ONLY part of the song that I remember.  Here's the rest of it (if you are interested):
It was sung by Dean Martin??

When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along along
There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin' his old sweet song
Wake up wake up you sleepy head get up get up get out of bed
Cheer up cheer up the sun is red live love laugh and be happy

What if I've been blue now I'm walkin' through fields of flowers
Rain may glisten but I still listen for hours and hours
Well I'm just a kid again doing what I did again singin' a song
When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along along
What if I've been blue...


Birds of a different variety.  :D  I asked the neighbor kids if they were going to eat any of the chickens.  They told me no, that they were just for eggs.  I wonder what they might not know?!  :D

Looking good in red, Mr. Day!

Twins!  :D  (unplanned!)  I love it when we do that!


OK, so I have a confession to make!  I loved Lori's lighthouse bird feeder so much that I had to buy one today while we were at Walmart!  The neighbor kids helped me put the food in it and get it hung up.

There's another feeder I got that the neighbor girl had to be hoisted up so she could put the hanger over a limb.

There's a view of both of the new feeders.


I took a couple of pictures right before church tonight.  Capturing the sunlight behind the church.  This one turned out the best.


And, this picture made me think of this:  "Be angry and sin not:  Let not the sun go down upon your wrath."  Ephesians 4:26

We have a few more hours to settle our differences with one another before bed time than they did in Bible times.  They didn't have electricity and also went to bed earlier and arose earlier.  If we settle our differences before bed time, we will sleep better!

So, anyway, time to do some reading before bed time!  Nite!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

I am loving your bird pictures! They are gorgeous.

And I love the picture of you two in red. <3

Vicky said...

Ha! Sorry about that, JESSICA, not Jennifer! Too many J.E.Days! Jennifer's middle name is Ellen.