Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 26, 2017

His Days are as Grass

Pretty quiet today after the flurry of activity with the Grands Friday night and Saturday.  After we dropped them off yesterday, I still had the regular Saturday work to do.  So, putting things back in order, cleaning and doing laundry before bedtime does make it seem pretty quiet and s-l-o-w today, in a good way.  :D

We had a wonderful crowd for church today!  Those who have been sick and on vacation were back.  Plus, we had more kids than usual, too!  So, I actually got to teach the Sunday school lesson that I've had on the back burner for a month!  It is sooooooo much nicer to have more than one child in your class!  Today, I thought I had died and gone to heaven since I had FOUR!!!

This afternoon, we had our leftover lasagna from our Thursday supper at Giannos in High Point.  I fixed some Cole's garlic bread to go with it.

After lunch, I did the church sign since rain is in the forecast and we will be going to a preacher's fellowship in Statesville tomorrow.

This afternoon, after I did the church sign, I took a chair out to the car port and waited around for some birds to show up at the feeder.  I also moved the finch feeder closer to the other feeder because nothing was happening where it was.  Of course, while I was waiting, no birds showed up at the feeder, even though I'm looking out my craft room window right now and see the cardinal is back.  You can look at the pictures of it from yesterday's post, which was taken from my craft roeom.

Anyway, the bluebird is the only thing that showed up while I was out watching.  And, he perched on the clothes line poles, dropped to the ground for a snack, and then flew back to the clothes line pole.

I moved my chair to the porch at the back door, but still nothing came to the feeders.  So, I decided to photograph some of the tiny flowers in the grass.  That is when I thought of the following verses.

Psalm 105;15-18
"As for man, his days are as grass:  as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.  But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them."

Yes, our days are not long on this earth, just like the grass and the flower of the field.  Here today, gone tomorrow.  What we do with  and for the Lord, we must do today because we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

One of the men, who was a deacon when we were at the Addyston Baptist Church, went home to be with the Lord yesterday.  The question he and we will answer when we stand before the Lord's throne is, "What have you done with my Son, Jesus?"  I'm pretty confident in what his answer will be.  I know what my answer will be.  What will yours be?

I pray you have realized you are not good enough to save yourself by your good works. If you were, it wouldn't be fair that Jesus was crucified.  I pray you have realized you are in trouble and need a Savior.  I pray you have trusted the substitutionary work  of Jesus dying on the cross in your place.  I pray you have repented of the sin in your life and turned away from them.  Jesus paid it all.  All to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain.  He washed it white as snow!  Won't you trust Him today, if you haven't yet done so?

Here's the photos from today:


It was a little misty while I was outside.



Cocked his head, looking for things on the ground.

I snapped this picture just as he jumped to the ground.

You can see the wind ruffling his feathers on his head.

Just beautiful!

I beginning to think this might be my favorite bird.
 
Now the two feeders are in the same tree.

Dandilion

Clover

Teeny tiny yellow flower.

You can barely see the bluish purple flower on this plant.


More clover
 
Maple helicopters.

Little Johnny Jumpers
 

Guess I'll work on a baby book some more before heading back to church this evening.  I'll have pictures to show you soon, hopefully!

Have a blessed week!

No comments: