Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Hug a Tree

I took the kids to the park today.  Our usual trip while they are here.  They didn't seem to be as interested in staying as long as usual.  I think Hannah was thinking of her friend going to the Winter Jam in Greensboro with her today.  Ryan was just bored, I think.

So we fed the ducks and geese, ate lunch, took some photo ops and headed for home.  We stopped for ice cream on the way back to the house.  And they climbed the trees, gathered their things and we headed back to meet Brad and Liz.  They headed to the concert and we came back home.

Here are the photos for today:
Papaw and Abby playing "Jenga" with the Uno Stack game.

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use both hands, but Papaw was giving Abby some slack!

Another origami flower Ryan made (sorry about it being on its side)

Before going to the park, we were outside.  Here's a mocking bird Ryan spotted.  It was beginning to run when I snapped this photo.  For some reason, it reminds me of a road runner in this picture.

Crime scene #1

Crime scene #2

Crime scene #3 (This corpse has her eyes open!)

Such a good-looking young man!

strength


Look, mom!  No feet!


more strength

Hug a tree.  Abby found a branch and stuck it in the ground, then hugged it.


Looks like 2 trees grew into one

And it's just the right size for Abby to climb

Beautiful child!



Ryan said this tree looks like it will fall over since it is lopsided.  I told him the electric company is who chopped the tree up like this because of the electric lines it was growing into.

Time to jump!

Canada geese coming in for a landing at the park

Feeding the ducks cheerios

Ryan liked feeding them out of his hand.


Look out!

Follow the leader.

Skidding to land

An American Coot duck


Time for a picnic.

This is a Chipping Sparrow


Just too much enthusiasm.

I just don't think of seagulls being on a lake.  Ocean, yes.  Lake, no.


Even the ducks had amazing markings

Back home, more tree-climbing.

Geronimo!

I spied a cardinal at the feeder through my craft room window.

I decided to just photograph it from inside because it would fly away as soon as I opened the door to go out and take a picture.



So, that was our day!  Have a blessed Lord's day tomorrow!

No comments: